Back to Sacred Lands | Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes
Sacred Lands Campfire Forums
Sacred Lands Campfire Forums ->  Newsletters -> Stewardship -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
- (Added by: Doug)

Sticky Satisfying Landscapes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Newsletters -> StewardshipMessage format

Erik
Posted 1/3/2009 1:06 PM (#343)
Subject: Satisfying Landscapes

Your landscape should have a ceiling, a floor, and walls. These components represent Heaven, Earth, and Man. There should be something overhead-Heaven, something suppotive underneath-earth, and things that mediate between-man. A tree can be above, a deck or a path can be the supportive underneath element, and flowers or plants can mediate between the two. Like the interior of your house your landscape also benifits from having rooms. Hmmmm,it sounds like I am treating your outdoor landscape as you would the interior design. I am. The same principles apply. Enjoy thinking about your landscape in this way. This will lead you to new ideas about making you outside area as useful as interior spaces. Have fun. Erik
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cloudman
Posted 5/28/2011 6:24 PM (#454 - in reply to #343)
Subject: Re: Satisfying Landscapes

Very interesting thought. Is this of Native American origin? For a Native American viewpoint on our relationship with the earth click: chicasaw stewardship
Cloudman
Posted 6/16/2011 2:33 PM (#462 - in reply to #454)
Subject: Re: Satisfying Landscapes

If that link did not work please try oklahoma cultural center
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software